Are you a trade operative with a significant amount of experience in your current role?
This option involves a number of one-to-one assessments carried out at your place of work. You will normally be expected to achieve your qualification within three to six months from your first assessment visit.
Please note, we are only able to complete occupational trade qualifications NVQ level 2 and 3 in England and Wales, not Scotland.
The following trade qualifications are available. Please click on the relevant trade for the appropriate questionnaire.
Initial assessment questionnaire
All candidates are required to complete an initial assessment questionnaire which will be used to ascertain the most suitable qualification for their role and experience. This should be completed and returned by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates may be contacted to discuss their questionnaire to confirm the most suitable qualification.
To start the assessment process, payment is required up front in full. Once payment is received, you will be registered for the qualification and allocated an assessor who will contact you direct to start the assessment process. You will be fully briefed on all aspects of the assessment process during this discussion.
- On your first assessment visit, the allocated assessor will carry out the NVQ induction and complete an initial assessment plan during which you will agree optional units and individual specific assessment requirements.
- Assessment activity will then be carried out to demonstrate the process.
- You are required to compile evidence of your activities in the form of a site diary which will be issued and explained during the induction session.
- You will be assessed in your place of work for four to six hours on each visit.
- The assessor will work through the units asking you to demonstrate how you comply with the National Occupational Standards.
- You will show the assessor relevant evidence where it naturally occurs in the workplace and will then discuss its use to demonstrate involvement, knowledge and understanding.
- You will agree the next assessment visit with your assessor, giving you a level of control over your qualification.