Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
- The Health and Safety at Work Act
- Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations
- Risk assessments/method statements
- Recent changes in accepted working practices
- Behavioural safety
- Management of occupational health
- Working at height
- Confined spaces.
The course also includes publications, registration, certification, lunch and refreshments.
BUILDUK recognises this course as meeting the required standard for all supervisors working on BUILDUK sites.
Teaching and assessment
This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations. You will need to do some self-study outside of the course.
- Continuous assessment. You need to attend all 5 days - see the Site Safety Plus attendance requirements.
- Multiple-choice test.
Qualifications you gain
- CITB Site Safety Plus certificate.
You must attend the full 37.5 hours of training in order to get the Site Safety Plus certificate. If you can’t attend the full course, you'll need to enrol and take the course again. You may be charged extra to cover the costs of switching courses.
You need to renew this certficate every five years before it expires by attending the SMSTS Refresher course. Otherwise, you'll need to take the full SMSTS course again.
Mandatory entry requirements
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- You will need to provide a valid ID on the first day of the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence. See accepted forms of ID.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
- Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages
This course can be booked by employers to train groups of workers. You can have between 6 and 16 people on a course.
We deliver the course at your work premises or at a venue you choose.
To book call your local NCC contact:
- Scotland, North West England, North East England,
and Yorkshire and Humber
|0300 456 7908
- London, the South East, South Central and South West England
|0300 456 7856
- East & West Midlands, East Anglia and Wales
|0300 456 7766
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements and booking terms and conditions for this course.