- How health and safety law is structured
- How the supervisory role fits in with the manager’s role in controlling the site safely
- Understanding the need for method statements
- Construction Site Health, Safety and Welfare
- Communication routes within site activity
- Behavioural safety
- Supervision of occupational health
The course includes publications, registration, certification, lunch and refreshments.
BUILDUK recognises this course as meeting the required standard for all supervisors working on BUILDUK sites.
Teaching and assessment
This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations.
- Continuous assessment.
- You need to attend all 7.5 hours - see the Site Safety Plus attendance requirements.
- Multiple-choice test.
Qualifications you gain
- CITB renewable 5-year Site Safety Plus certificate.
You must renew this qualification every five years by attending the SSSTS Refresher course. You need to do this before your certificate expires or you will need to take the full SSSTS course again.
Mandatory entry requirements
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- You will need to provide a valid ID for the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence. See accepted forms of ID.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
- Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages
This course can be booked by employers to train groups of workers. You can have between 6 and 16 people on a course.
We deliver the course at your work premises or at a venue you choose.
To book call your local NCC contact:
- Scotland, North West England, North East England,
and Yorkshire and Humber
|0300 456 7908
- London, the South East, South Central and South West England
|0300 456 7856
- East & West Midlands, East Anglia and Wales
|0300 456 7766
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements and booking terms and conditions for this course.