CDM for Principal Contractors
Cost, location & dates: From £155
Variable. See In-company training below
Duration: 1 day
Funding: See Grants and funding below
Mandatory entry requirements: See below
This 1-day course is for all contractors, including subcontractors, main contractors and people taking the role of principal contractor.
You will learn about your contractor responsibilities under the Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations 2015.
This course can be booked by employers and take place at or near their place of work. See below.
Alternatively, you may prefer to use our remote facilities for this course, which means you can take it in your own home or your place of work making sure you can meet the requirements. Call us on 0344 994 4433 to find out more or book your remote course.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
On completing the course you will have an understanding of:
- The legal position of the contractor and principal contractors
- The roles of the client, principal designer and designers
- The requirements for assessment of knowledge, skills, experience and resources
- The requirement for project documentation.
The course covers:
- CDM 2015 overview and application
- Duty holder responsibilities
- Contractor assessment
- Planning, managing and monitoring construction work
- Application of CDM Part 4 ‘General requirements for all construction sites’
- Construction phase plan content and requirements
- Contractor and worker engagement
- Health and safety file content and requirements.
Teaching and assessment
- This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies and classroom discussion.
Qualifications you gain
- CITB National Construction College certificate.
This course can be booked by employers to train groups of workers, you can have between 6 and 16 people on a course.
We deliver the course at your work premises or at a venue you choose.
Contact one of our NCC Account Managers for more information or to book a course:
- Clare Hill - 07876130588
- George Gooderson - 07388854496
- Email - email@example.com
Mandatory entry requirements
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area
- You'll need a valid form of ID on the first day of the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence. See accepted forms of ID.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.
Need more information?
Call 0344 994 4433 for more information about this course.
Other CDM courses
If you have several dutyholder responsibilities, you should choose the most suitable course - you don't need to attend all of them.