Health and Safety Awareness: Site Safety Plus
Cost: From £150 no VAT charged
Duration: 1 day
Dates: Call 0344 994 4433
Funding: See Grants and funding below
Mandatory entry requirements: See below
This 1-day introductory course for health and safety is for people who are new to the construction and civil engineering industries.
It teaches you the main health and safety issues on construction sites and how these affect your role.
It is also recommended as a Health and Safety refresher of knowledge after five years. It is one of the Site Safety Plus range of courses.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
- Workers' individual responsibilities for their own safety and the safety of others
- Typical construction hazards and how these are controlled
- How everyone can help achieve better practical standards of safety on site
- Legal requirements and liabilities
- Working at height
- Manual handling
- Fire prevention
- Work equipment
- Occupational health
The course price also includes publications, registration, certification, lunch and refreshments.
Teaching and assessment
- This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations.
- Multiple-choice test
- Continuous assessment. You need to attend all 7.5 hours - see the Site Safety Plus attendance requirements.
Qualifications you gain
- CITB Site Safety Plus certificate
This course can be booked by employers to train groups of workers, you can have between 6 and 16 people on a course.
We deliver the course at your work premises or at a venue you choose.
Contact one of our NCC Account Managers for more information or to book a course:
- Clare Hill - 07876130588
- George Gooderson - 07388854496
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mandatory entry requirements
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area
- You will need to provide a valid ID for the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence.
For Weekend courses “Employers should be aware that there is a legal requirement that anything required by employees in the interests of health and safety should be provided free of charge. This means that health and safety training should be provided in company time. This section of the Health and Safety at Work Act is covered on the syllabus of the course and can cause friction if employees are not receiving payment for attending the session”
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.