Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course: Site Safety Plus
Cost: From £615 no VAT charged
Duration: 5 day block or 5 days over 5 weeks
Dates: Call 0344 994 4433
Funding: See Grants and funding below
Mandatory entry requirements: See below
This SMSTS course is for project managers, site managers and supervisors, business owners and clients
You will gain an understanding of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues on construction sites
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
- The Health and Safety at Work Act
- Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations
- Risk assessments/method statements
- Recent changes in accepted working practices
- Behavioural safety
- Management of occupational health
- Working at height
- Confined spaces.
The course also includes publications, registration, certification, lunch and refreshments.
Teaching and assessment
- This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations. You will need to do some self-study outside of the course.
- Continuous assessment
- You need to attend all 37.5 hours of training
- Multiple-choice test.
Qualifications you gain
- CITB renewable 5 year Site Safety Plus certificate.
- The certificate is valid for 5 years.
- You need to renew this certificate every five years before it expires by attending the SMSTS Refresher course. Otherwise, you'll need to take the full SMSTS course again
- To gain the Site Safety Plus certificate you must attend the full 37.5 hours of training. If you can’t attend the full course, you'll need to enroll and take the course again. You may be charged extra to cover the costs of switching courses. You will also need to pass the exam and take part in the course exercises.
This course is one of the range of Site Safety Plus courses.
This course can be booked by employers to train groups of workers, you can have between 6 and 16 people on a course.
We deliver the course at your work premises or at a venue you choose.
Contact one of our NCC Account Managers for more information or to book a course:
- Clare Hill - 07876130588
- George Gooderson - 07388854496
- Email - email@example.com
Mandatory entry requirements
- To be able to read, write and understand English to a good level. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area
- If you need to re-sit the test, you must do this within 90 days of the original course date at an additional charge
- You will need to provide a valid ID on the first day of the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence. See accepted list of ID.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.
Need more information?
Call 0344 994 4433 for more information about this course.