Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) - Refresher course: Site Safety Plus
About the course
From £365 - we do not charge VAT on our training courses
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages
*Before making your booking, please make sure that you have read and understood the mandatory entry requirements below and booking terms and conditions for this course.
Course code: LT216
If you need assistance with your booking, please call: 0344 994 4433
Mandatory entry requirements
- A valid SMSTS certificate gained in the last five years. You must take this course before your certificate exprires
- To be able to read, write and understand English to a good level. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area
- If you need to re-sit the test, you must do this within 90 days of the original course date at an additional charge
- You will need to provide a valid ID on the first day of the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence. See accepted list of ID.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
- This is a two-day refresher of our full Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course
- It updates your knowledge of your responsibilities for site safety, health, welfare and the environment.
Qualifications you gain
- Taking this course renews your SMSTS certificate
- CITB renewable 5 year Site Safety Plus certificate.
*You must complete this refresher before your certificate expires or you will need to re-take the full course.
**You must renew this qualification every five years by attending the SMSTS.
This course is one of the range of Site Safety Plus courses.
- The current focus of the Health and Safety Executive’s attention
- Risk assessment and method statements
- Construction Site Health, Safety and Welfare
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR)
- Behavioural safety
- Occupational health
- Overview and changes to the current legislation affecting construction.
The course also includes publications, registration, certification, lunch and refreshments.
- This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations.
- Continuous assessment
- You need to attend the 17.5 hours - see the Site Safety Plus attendance requirements
- Multiple-choice test.
This course can be booked by employers to train groups of workers. You can have between 6 and 16 people on a course.
We deliver the course at your work premises or at a venue you choose.
To book call your local NCC contact:
Scotland, North West England, North East England, and Yorkshire and Humber: 0300 456 7908
London, the South East, South Central and South West England: 0300 456 7856
East & West Midlands, East Anglia and Wales: 0300 456 7766
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements and booking terms and conditions for this course.
Need more information?
Call 0344 994 4433 for more information about this course.