Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course: Site Safety Plus
About the course
From £615 - we do not charge VAT on our training courses
5 day block OR
5 days over 5 weeks
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages
*Before making your booking, please make sure that you have read and understood the mandatory entry requirements below and booking terms and conditions for this course.
Course code: LT516 / STO17
If you need assistance with your booking, please call: 0344 994 4433
Mandatory entry requirements
- To be able to read, write and understand English to a good level. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area
- If you need to re-sit the test, you must do this within 90 days of the original course date at an additional charge
- You will need to provide a valid ID on the first day of the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence. See accepted list of ID.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
- This SMSTS course is for project managers, site managers and supervisors, business owners and clients
- You will gain an understanding of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues on construction sites
- CITB renewable 5 year Site Safety Plus certificate.
- The certificate is valid for 5 years. You will need to take the SMSTS Refresher course before your certificate expires
- You need to renew this certficate every five years before it expires by attending the SMSTS Refresher course. Otherwise, you'll need to take the full SMSTS course again
- To gain the Site Safety Plus certificate you must attend the full 37.5 hours of training. If you can’t attend the full course, you'll need to enroll and take the course again. You may be charged extra to cover the costs of switching courses. You will also need to pass the exam and take part in the course exercises.
This course is one of the range of Site Safety Plus courses.
- The Health and Safety at Work Act
- Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations
- Risk assessments/method statements
- Recent changes in accepted working practices
- Behavioural safety
- Management of occupational health
- Working at height
- Confined spaces.
The course also includes publications, registration, certification, lunch and refreshments.
Build UK recognises this course as meeting the required standard for all supervisors working on Build UK sites.
- This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations. You will need to do some self-study outside of the course.
- Continuous assessment
- You need to attend all 5 days - see the Site Safety Plus attendance requirements
- Multiple-choice test.
This course can be booked by employers to train groups of workers. You can have between 6 and 16 people on a course.
We deliver the course at your work premises or at a venue you choose.
To book call your local NCC contact:
Scotland, North West England, North East England, and Yorkshire and Humber: 0300 456 7908
London, the South East, South Central and South West England: 0300 456 7856
East & West Midlands, East Anglia and Wales: 0300 456 7766
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements and booking terms and conditions for this course.
Need more information?
Call 0344 994 4433 for more information about this course.