Temporary Works Coordinator: Site Safety Plus
Cost: Classroom based £575 & Remote £445 no VAT charged
Duration: 2 day
Dates: Call 0344 994 4433
Funding: See Grants and funding below
Mandatory entry requirements: See below
This two-day course is for those on site with responsibility for managing all forms of temporary works.
It is designed to give confidence to senior management and those who engage with contractors.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
Successful candidates will gain knowledge and skills in:
- The importance of the '4Cs': communications, cooperation, coordination and competency in managing temporary works as a Temporary Works coordinator
- Understanding the need for, and the duties of, a temporary works coordinator
- Understanding the roles of others
- Understanding BS5975, the code of Best Practice for Temporary Structures on Building Sites
- Statutory aspects of temporary works
- Risk assessments and method statements
- Management of the temporary works process.
Teaching and assessment
- Taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations. You will need to do some self-study outside of the course.
- Continuous assessment
- You need to attend the full two-day course - see the Site Safety Plus attendance requirements
- Multiple-choice test.
Qualifications you gain
- CITB renewable 5-year Site Safety Plus certificate.
Mandatory entry requirements
- You should hold or be about to hold the role of a temporary works supervisor
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- A valid form of ID, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence. See accepted forms of ID.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.