NVQ Level 3 Diploma in occupational work supervision
Cost: From £2,100 no VAT charged
Locations: England or Wales
Duration: 7 days over 9 months
Mandatory Entry Requirements: See mandatory entry requirements below
Funding: See Grants and funding below
Course code: CSSL01
This course is for supervisors who are looking to gain an NVQ qualification through a formal traditional course.
The level 3 Diploma in Occupational Work Supervision is for subcontractor supervisors and gangers.
The course includes six one-day taught modules, an on-site assessment visit and a follow-up assessment workshop if required.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
The course includes six modules and an onsite assessment visit. You study one module per month and the qualification should take approximately nine months to complete.
The course gives you the confidence to carry out your supervisory responsibilities effectively.
- Introduction, NVQ induction and health and safety
- Leadership and management
- Communication and customer care
- Environment and sustainability
- Planning, programming and logistics
- Resource management (cost, cash and risk)
- Onsite assessment visit
- Assessment workshop (if required).
The course includes registration, certification, lunch and refreshments.
Teaching and assessment
The course involves classroom tuition and workshops. You'll receive a lot of support from industry experts to help you meet the requirements of the NVQ.
You'll be assessed by:
- A portfolio, which you create based on your learning in each session and evidence from your workplace
- One day one-to-one onsite assessment
- Assessment workshop if required.
Qualifications you get
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Work Supervision
- Once achieved you can contact CSCS to enquire to apply for Supervisory CSCS Gold Card.
Mandatory entry requirements
You should be working as a site supervisor or assistant site manager in any construction trade occupation, for example:
- Site carpentry
You'll need a valid form of ID on the first day of the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence. See accepted forms of ID.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements and booking terms and conditions for this course.
After you gain the NVQ level 3, you can progress to: