CPCS Crawler Crane: Above 10 Tonnes A02
Cost: £2,877 no VAT charged
Duration: 9 days
Locations: Norfolk and Kent
Funding: See Grants and funding below
Mandatory entry requirements: See Mandatory entry requirements below
Course code: DCW01
This 9-day course is for people with limited or no experience of operating a crawler crane.
It teaches you how to operate and maintain a crawler crane safely.
On passing the technical tests, we will apply for the CPCS trained operator card (red card) on your behalf.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
- Operating the crane safely and productively
- Responding to recognised crane signals accurately
- Positioning the crane correctly
- Altering jib lengths and associated safety devices
- Carrying out routine maintenance and making minor adjustments
- Understanding safe-load indicators and duties charts
- Identify the basic theory of power units, transmission systems and control systems
- Programming safe-load indicators
- Understanding the effects of radius change on the safe working capacity
- Observing the statutory regulations and Codes of Practice
- Gauging the effect of shock loading on structural strength, stability and load displacement
- Recognising the principles of safe slinging and the types and capacities of chains, slings and lifting gear.
Teaching and assessment
- 8 days training - classroom-based tutorials and practical exercises
- 1 day assessment - CPCS technical tests.
Qualifications you get
- CPCS trained operator card (red card) on passing the CPCS technical tests
- CITB National Construction College certificate.
Mandatory entry requirements
- CITB Health, safety and environment test passed no more than two years before the course start date
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see above) and booking terms and conditions for this course.