CPCS Excavator 360° Tracked: Above 10 Tonnes A59 - experienced operators (3 days)
Cost: £1,200 no VAT
Duration: 3 days
Locations: Bircham (Norfolk)
Dates: Call 0344 994 4433
Funding: See Grants and funding below
This condensed course is for experienced operators of 360 degree excavators above 10 tonnes, who need a formal qualification.
You gain the CPCS trained operator card (red card) on passing the technical test at the end.
If you have limited or no experience, you should do our full 9-day course.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see above) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
- Operate the excavator 360° tracked safely and productively
- Fit and operate ancillary equipment
- Site the machine safely and efficiently
- Carry out minor adjustments and routine servicing procedures
- Understand the capabilities, purposes and limitations of each machine
- Follow all necessary safety precautions
- Interpret the information provided by level pegs and profiles
- Be aware of the necessary routine adjustments and service procedures, and carry them out
- Work to levels with the aid of laser equipment.
Teaching and assessment
- 2 days learning through a mix of classroom-based teaching and practical exercises
- 1 day assessment - CPCS technical tests.
Qualifications you get
- CPCS Trained Operator Card (red card) on passing the CPCS technical tests
- CITB National Construction College certificate available on request.
Mandatory entry requirements
- CITB Health, safety and environment test passed no more than two years before the course start date or alternatively the new CPCS Plant Operative Health Safety and Environment Test, specifically tailored for Plant Operators.
CPCS Plant Operative Health, Safety and Environment Test - NOCN Job Cards
- Can you name and explain the purpose and principle components, controls and terminology?
- Can undertake pre-start, running checks according to manufacturers’ handbook/manual conforming to regulations and legislation?
- Can you configure the machine for Travel?
- Do you know how to travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces?
- Can you explain the actions required for hazards, both above and below ground?
- Do you know how to position your machine correctly to excavate a trench or load a machine?
- Can excavate a 15-metre trench and inspection chamber to a depth tolerance of 35mm in a straight line within 60mm?
- Can you grade, spread and level the ground with materials?
- Load dump trucks and dumpers?
- Can you lift and move a variety of loads and travel the machine if permitted?
- Can you safely attach and remove a bucket or attachment?
- Do you know how to carry out shutdown and securing procedures?
- Can you explain the loading and unloading procedure for machine transporting?
You will need to revise the theory questions before the course as there will only be a short time for this on the course.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.