CPCS Mini Excavator Below 10 Tonnes A58
Cost: £1,890 no VAT charged
Duration: 6 days
Funding: See Grants and funding below
Mandatory entry requirements: See Mandatory entry requirements below
Course code: DEW09TR
This 6 day course is for people with limited or no experience of using mini excavators. It's also suitable for people who have some experience, but need a formal qualification.
You will learn to operate and maintain a mini excavator, including quick hitches.
On passing the technical tests, we will apply for the CPCS trained operator card (red card) on your behalf.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
- Operate the mini excavator safely and productively
- Fit and operate ancillary equipment
- Carry out minor adjustments and routine servicing procedures
- Understand the capabilities, purposes and limitations of each machine
- Follow all necessary safety precautions
- Interpret the information provided by level pegs and profiles
- Carry out necessary routine adjustments and service procedures
- Work to levels with the aid of laser equipment.
Teaching and assessment
- 5 days training - classroom lessons and practical exercises
- 1 day assessment - CPCS technical tests.
Qualifications you get
- CPCS trained operator card (red card) on passing the CPCS technical tests
- CITB National Construction College certificate.
Mandatory entry requirements
- CITB Health, safety and environment test needs to have been passed within the previous 23 months before the course start date
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements and booking terms and conditions for this course.
Need more information?
Call 0344 994 4433 for more information about this course.
After gaining experience on site, you must complete a NVQ/SVQ level 2 within 2 years to get the CPCS competent operator card (blue card).