CPCS Ride on Road Roller A31 - experienced operators (2 days)
Cost: £656 no VAT charged
Duration: 2 days
Funding: See Grants and funding below
Course Code: RORSD
This condensed course is for experienced operators of ride-on road rollers who need a formal qualification.
You gain the CPCS trained operator card (red card) on passing the technical test at the end.
If you have limited or no experience, you should do our full 4-day course.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
- All pre-start, running checks and shut down procedures
- Set roller for travel
- Awareness of on-site hazards
- Set the roller for compaction duties
- Place roller in an out of service condition
- Recognise compacted/uncompacted areas
- Conditions that may cause instability of the roller
- Safety procedures when working up to unsupported edges
- Loading and unloading procedures on/off a transporter.
Teaching and assessment
- 1 days learning through a mix of classroom-based teaching and practical exercises
- 1 day assessment - CPCS technical tests.
Qualifications you get
- CPCS Trained Operator Card (red card) on passing the CPCS technical tests
- CITB National Construction College certificate.
Mandatory entry requirements
- CITB health, safety and environment test passed no more than two years before the course start date.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English
- Can undertake pre-start, running checks and shut down procedures according to manufacturers’ handbook/manual
- Can configure for travel (site and highway)
- Can travel in a forward/reverse direction, through restrictions, confined areas, on level ground, undulating ground and substantial inclines
- Can configure roller for travel and set up for compaction duties
- You will need to revise the theory questions before the course as there will only be a short time for this on the course.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements and booking terms and conditions for this course.
Need more information?
Call 0344 994 4433 for more information about this course.
After gaining experience on site, you must complete a NVQ/SVQ level 2 within 2 years to get the CPCS competent operator card (blue card).