CPCS Tester Course
Cost: £1,279 no VAT charged
Duration: 5 days
Mandatory entry requirements: See Mandatory entry requirements below
Funding: See Grants and funding below
Course code: CPCS98
This course is suited to trainers or very experienced operators. For anyone considering a career in testing within the Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS), this course is an ideal starting point.
The Tester Course is for people who wish to gain the CPCS Tester Card to be able to carry out CPCS Theory and Practical tests under a CPCS Test Centre.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
- The course covers the CPCS scheme rules and teaches the delegates how to correctly conduct the CPCS theory and practical tests
- You will gain an understanding of teaching techniques and develop an awareness of the learning processes used by CPCS testers.
Teaching and assessment
- You will be assessed throughout the course with theory and practical tests
- 4 days learning through a mix of theory and practical exercises, with ongoing assessment
- 1 day final assessment.
Qualifications you get
- CPCS Tester Card on passing the theory and practical tests.
Mandatory entry requirements
- The relevant knowledge and experience
- Passed a Managerial and Professional Persons (MAP) CITB Health, Safety and Environment test within the previous 23 months before the course start date
- Passed a CPCS Advanced Technical Test (Theory and Practical) in a minimum of one category, within the previous 23 months before the course start date
- Current First Aid Qualification which was a minimum of one day
- Passed the Managing and Coordinating Plant 5 day course
- You must also have a good understanding of spoken and written English.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements and booking terms and conditions for this course.
Need more information?
Call 0344 994 4433 for more information about this course.
Please visit this page for more information on the Managing and Coordinating Plant course.