Eco Operator: Plant Machinery
Cost: £175 no VAT charged
Duration: 1 day
Locations: Norfolk and Kent
Mandatory entry requirements: See Mandatory entry requirements below
Funding: See Grants and funding below
Course code: ECO1
This 1 day course is for experienced operators looking for a formal qualification.
You will discover how to save money on fuel bills by understanding and using the features of your plant, including operating a telescopic handler, 360° excavator, 180° excavator or wheeled loading shovel.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
You will learn:
- How to conform to manufacturers requirements as per the operator’s handbook/manual, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- To name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology, sizes and types of machines, (where incorporated within novice full duration courses)
- To undertake all pre-start, running checks and shut down procedures, mount and dismount, according to manufacturer’s handbook/manual
- Stability factors in unladen/laden condition
- To be familiar with safety devices and applicable legislation
- To prepare and operate machinery utilising all available eco mode devices and completing set tasks in the most productive manner
- Awareness of on-site hazards including personnel, confined spaces including other plant machinery
- To set and position the specified machine to transport loads. Ensure load integrity and security
- To place the machine in an out of service condition.
Teaching and assessment
- 1 day learning through a mix of classroom-based teaching and practical exercises.
Qualifications you get
- CITB National Construction College certificate.
Mandatory entry requirements
- Good understanding of spoken and written English
- There may also be requirements for proof of competence for some specific categories.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements and booking terms and conditions for this course.
Need more information?
Call 0344 994 4433 for more information about this course.
- You may also be interested in our Safe Use of Quick Hitches course.