Management of Lifting Operations in Construction
Cost: £350 no VAT charged
Duration: 2 days
Locations: Various UK-wide
Mandatory entry requirements: See Mandatory entry requirements below
Funding: See Grants and funding below
Course code: MOL01
This course is suitable if you have received no formal instruction or if you wish to refresh your skills.
This course is designed for contractor personnel who manage lifting operations on site.
You will develop you knowledge of applicable legislation, industry best practice and your responsibilities.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
- Current best practice for procuring lifting operation planners/equipment
- The qualifications available, specific to the planning and supervision of lifting operations, including best practice regarding role-specific competencies
- Current best practice for managing lifting operations, with reference to both the equipment supplier and user and identifying main classes of lifting equipment and their suitability for specific operations
- The minimum requirements as per best practice for a lifting equipment installation/use of a method statement
- The requirements for the classification of individual lifting operations
- Best practice particular to the installation, thorough examination,testing, operation and maintenance of lifting equipment/accessories
- The responsibilities of equipment supplier and user regarding inspection/maintenance and thorough examination of lifting equipment
- The lifting team’s responsibilities regarding pre-use and weekly checks
- Company-specific policies regarding the management of lifting.
Teaching and assessment
- 2 days learning of classroom-based teaching
- You will be assessed using documentation navigation exercises.
Qualifications you get
- CITB National Construction College certificate.
Mandatory entry requirements
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements and booking terms and conditions for this course.
Need more information?
Call 0344 994 4433 for more information about this course.
After you complete your course you may also want to consider a course in: