CISRS Advanced Scaffolding Inspection Training Scheme (SITS Advanced)
Cost: From £395 no VAT charged
Duration: 2 days
Locations: Renfrewshire, Kent, Norfolk
Mandatory Entry Requirements: See Mandatory entry requirements below
Funding: See Grants and funding below
Course code: BAL08S
This course is for people who hold a CISRS Inspection Card (or previous equivalent) or a CISRS Scaffolder Card for at least two years, or hold a CISRS Advanced Scaffolder Card (blue card).
You will learn the appropriate safety regulations and develop the ability to interpret design specifications and statutory regulations when inspecting complex/designed scaffolding structures for faults.
You'll gain the CISRS Advanced Scaffolding Inspection Training Scheme (SITS Advanced) certificate on passing the course and can apply for a CISRS Advanced Scaffold Inspection card.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
- Regulations and approved Codes of Practice
- Scaffolding terminology
- Scaffolding components
- Scaffold ties.
Construction of complex/designed scaffolds to include:
- Temporary roofs
- Slung scaffolds
- Cantilever drop scaffolds
- Practical inspection
Teaching and assessment
- Teaching is a mix of classroom-based theory, practical exercises and computer-based training
- Assessment includes written and practical tests.
Qualifications you get
- CISRS Scaffolding Inspection Training Scheme (Advanced SITS) certificate
- The college will apply on your behalf for a CISRS Scaffolding Advanced Inspection Card.
Mandatory entry requirements
There are three entry requirements.
- Delegate has held a current CISRS Scaffolder card for at least two years
- Delegate holds a current CISRS Advanced Scaffolder card
- Delegate holds a current or expired CISRS Basic or Advanced Scaffold Inspection card and is attending to renew their card, (or previous equivalent).
- Delegates wishing to book this course will be required to have a CITB HS&E Test (or accepted exemption) in place at the time of booking
- The CITB HS&E Test (or accepted exemption) needs to have been passed within the previous 23 months before the course start date.
3. You must have a good understanding of spoken and written English.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see above) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
Need more information?
Call 0344 994 4433 for more information about this course.