CISRS Advanced Scaffolding
Cost: £1,295 no VAT charged
Duration: 10 days
Locations: Renfrewshire, Norfolk, Kent
Mandatory entry requirements: See Mandatory entry requirements below
Funding: See Grants and funding below
Course code: BAW03
This 10 day CISRS course is for people who hold the CISRS Scaffolder Card (blue card).
You will learn how to safely erect, alter and dismantle complex scaffolding structures, working as part of a team.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
- Correctly and safely erect cantilever drop, two-way shore, dead shore, staircase, ramp, tubular drop and temporary roof scaffolds in tube and fitting
- Observe regulations governing the safe erection, inspection and dismantling of these scaffolds and the work methods to be adopted
- Carry out procedures for producing, interpreting and using risk assessments and method statements
- Use scale rules and scale drawings
- Determine the material requirements for cantilever drop, two-way shore, dead shore, staircase, ramp, tubular drop and temporary roof scaffolds in tube and fitting
- Lay out materials, interpret design drawings, set out scaffolds and overcome obstacles to erect the scaffold safely
- Construct scaffolds to statutory regulations, TG20 and BS EN12811-1, and follow the safe systems of work set out in the Safety Guidance Note 4 (SG4)
- Practical setting of anchors and tie testing
- NVQ/SVQ portfolio building.
Teaching and assessment
- Teaching is a mix of classroom-based theory, practical exercises and computer-based training
- Assessment includes written and practical tests.
Qualifications you get
- CISRS Scaffolding Advanced certificate.
Mandatory entry requirements
- CISRS Basic Scaffolder (blue) card held for at least one year while gaining site experience
- Ability to climb up and down ladders safely
- Ability to handle scaffold boards and steel scaffold poles
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see above) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
Need more information?
Call 0344 994 4433 for more information about this course.
Next steps to get your gold card
After passing the Advanced Scaffolder course, you need to:
- Complete your NVQ/SVQ level 3 portfolio (site diary) and have this assessed
- Gain a further 6 months site experience
- Pass the CISRS Level 3 Skills Assessment (2 days).