CISRS scaffolding part 2: tube and fitting or system scaffold
Cost: £1,295 no VAT charged
Duration: 10 days
Locations: Kent, Norfolk, Renfrewshire.
Mandatory entry requirements: See Mandatory entry requirements below
Funding: See Grants and funding below
Course code: BAW02
This 10 day course is for people who have spent at least six months on site since passing the CISRS Scaffolding part 1 course.
You will learn how to safely erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding structures, working as part of a team.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
- Correctly and safely erect truss-out, pavement gantry, loading bay, splay, protective fan, pre-fabricated beams and roof scaffolds
- Observe regulations governing the safe erection, inspection and dismantling of scaffolds and work methods to be adopted
- Determine the truss-out, pavement gantry, loading bay, splay, protective fan, use of prefabricated beams and roof scaffolds in system or proprietary systems where applicable
- Construct scaffolds to statutory regulations TG20 and BS EN12811-1, and follow the safe systems of work set out in the Safety Guidance Note 4 (SG4)
- Practical setting of anchors for tie testing
- NVQ/SVQ portfolio building and practical assessment.
The following system scaffold categories are available for this course in Renfrewshire:
- +8 (BAW028)
- Plettac Metrix (BAW02P)
- Layher (BAW02L)
- Cuplok (BAW02C)
- Kwikstage (BAW02K)
- Haki (BAW02H)
- Tradlok TBA
- Alustar TBA.
Teaching and assessment
- Teaching is a mix of classroom-based theory, practical exercises and computer-based training
- Assessment includes written and practical tests.
Qualifications you get
- CISRS Scaffolding Part 2 certificate.
Mandatory entry requirements
- Completed the scaffolding Part 1 course
- At least six months site experience since passing the part 1 course
- Ability to climb up and down ladders safely
- Ability to handle scaffold boards and steel scaffold poles
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see above) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
Need more information?
Call 0344 994 4433 for more information about this course.
Routes to your next CISRS card
How to get a green, red, blue or gold card and the courses you need to pass for each.