CISRS Scaffolding Supervisor
Cost: From £825 no VAT charged
Duration: 5 days
Locations: Norfolk, Renfrewshire
Mandatory Entry Requirements: See Mandatory entry requirements below
Funding: See Grants and funding below
Course code: BAL25
This course is for CISRS scaffolder/advanced card holders and Construction Managers and Supervisors who need to manage Scaffold operations. It will enhance your professional development and help you to gain evidence to achieve NVQ/SVQ management/supervisory qualifications.
This course aims to develop the core management skills you need to effectively supervise scaffolding operations.
On successful completion of the course we will apply on your behalf for the CISRS Scaffolding Supervisor Card.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
- Health and safety including Safety Guidance Note 4 (SG4)
- Regulations and approved Codes of Practice
- Scaffolding terminology
- Construction regulations and recommendations of basic scaffolds – BS EN12811-1 and TG20
- Improved supervision of safety compliance
- Reporting and RIDDOR
- Risk assessments and method statements
- Basic estimating
- Communication skills
- The Construction Industry Scaffolders’ Record Scheme (CISRS).
Teaching and assessment
- This is a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practicals
- Assessment involves a written test and a written project.
Qualifications you get
- CISRS Scaffolding Supervisor Certificate
- The college will apply on your behalf for a CISRS Scaffolding Supervisor Card.
Mandatory entry requirements
There are three entry requirements:
1. Delegate holds a current CISRS Scaffolder card, or delegate holds a current CISRS Advanced Scaffolder card.
Individuals not holding an eligible CISRS card detailed above wishing to attend the course will be required to submit a Supervisor CV form with contactable references and or/certificates, together with a letter from their employer confirming their suitability for the course by outlining their awareness and experience gained via their role within the industry and confirmation that the delegate has had a minimum of 2 years’ experience in this role. You can get this form by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . If you need to send in a Supervisor CV form this needs to get approved before your booking can be placed.
Examples of acceptable roles are – Chargehand, Forman, Contracts Manager, Scaffold Designer, Estimator.
Delegates who do not have any previous knowledge or experience of scaffolding will not be eligible to attend this course.
2. Delegates wishing to book this course will be required to have a CITB HS&E Test or accepted exemption, in place at the time of booking. Note: for these exemptions to apply you will need to send a copy of the certificate/card to email@example.com at time of booking.
The CITB HS&E Test (or accepted exemption) needs to have been passed within the previous 23 months before the course start date.
3. You must have a good understanding of spoken and written English.
If you need to send in a Supervisor CV form this needs to get approved before your booking can be placed.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see above) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
Need more information?
Call 0344 994 4433 for more information about this course.