CISRS Level 2 Practical Skills Assessment/Final Assessment
Cost: £325 no VAT charged
Duration: 1 day
Locations: Renfrewshire, Kent, Norfolk
Mandatory entry requirements: See Mandatory entry requirements below
Funding: See Grants and funding below
Course code: BAL05 (Renfrewshire SBAL05)
This 1 day CISRS assessment is suitable for scaffolders who have previously passed the Part 1 and Part 2 for Tube and Fitting or System Scaffold courses and have acquired the necessary practical experience.
It will assess and verify your knowledge of the scaffolding skills learned on these courses.
On successful completion of the course we will apply on your behalf for the CISRS Scaffolder Card.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
The course covers:
- Basic product information and manufacturer’s instructions
- Legal overview – health and safety
- British and European standards
- Overview of product accreditation and testing schemes
- Guidance and industry standards
- Component rangeBasic system(s) of work
- Bracing requirements
- Ties, stability and tie patterns
- Loading and duties
- Access towers
- Independent tied scaffolds including returns and hop-ups
- Birdcage access scaffolds
- Loading towers
- Methods of access and egress including stairways.
- The assessment will be based on your portfolio of evidence of your scaffolding career to date.
Qualifications you get
- Upon successfully completing the assessment you will be awarded level 2 NVQ/SVQ and can apply for your CISRS scaffolder card.
Mandatory entry requirements
- You must have completed the Scaffolding Part 1 and Part 2 courses and have at least six months’ scaffolding experience since passing Part 2 and hold an S/NVQ level 2 Access & Rigging operations
- Delegates wishing to book one of these courses will be required to have a CITB HS&E Test (or accepted exemption) in place at the time of booking. The CITB HS&E Test (or accepted exemption) needs to have been passed within the previous 23 months before the course start date.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements and booking terms and conditions for this course.
Need more information?
Call 0344 994 4433 for more information about this course.
- You can move on to Level 3 Advanced after holding your basic card for 12 months
- You can also complete the Advanced Inspection course, and Scaffold Supervisors course.