Short-period qualification grants
On this page:
- Who can apply for this grant?
- Which courses are eligible for grant?
- How much is it?
- How to apply
- Have you sent us your bank details?
This grant pays for the achievement of approved short-period qualifications in core construction skills. These include:
- NVQ at Levels 2 and above and SCQF at Levels 5 and above
- National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
- Plant-related vocational qualification (VQ) achievements
- Specific plant-related VQ units
Qualifications can be delivered in a number of ways as defined within the approved standard, including:
- through on-site assessment (OSAT)
- through experienced worker practical assessment (EWPA)
- by distance and e-learning
- outside conventional working hours (evenings or weekends)
Short-period qualification grants are not available to support individual achievements that form part of other longer qualifications. Please see long-period qualification grant or apprenticeship grants for details.
Who can apply for this grant?
You can apply if you’re registered with us and meet our general Grants Scheme terms and conditions and specific requirements in this grant.
This grant is available for all directly employed staff on the payroll and all subcontractors.
Which courses are eligible for grant?
How much is it?
You can apply for £600 for each achievement, up to a maximum of 4 achievements at each level per individual. You can only apply once for an individual for the same achievement.
Within the maximum of four achievements at Level 2, you can apply for a maximum of three plant related VQ units per individual at £300 each
Where there is a previous grant for a plant operations VQ, future achievements will only be considered for the plant-related VQ unit grant.
How to apply
For achievements awarded after 1 April 2021, you should submit an application form with a copy of the certificate of achievement or an achievement notification email from the awarding body by 30 June 2022. However, this deadline is subject to change pending the automation of short-period qualification grants.
- Download the 2021-2022 grant application form (Excel 190KB). This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology.
- Save and complete the short period qualification section of the form
- Send your completed form to email@example.com
Please note: Use Chrome or Firefox to download the form. We recommend that you do not use Internet Explorer as you may have problems downloading this.
Have you sent us your bank details?
Grants are paid by bank transfer. If we do not hold your current bank details, please complete and submit the secure online Bacs Direct Credit Authorisation Form to receive grant payments