- The Health and Safety at Work Act
- Specific site issues that challenge supervisors on a daily basis
- Effective toolbox talks
- Supervision of occupational health
- Behavioural safety
The course also includes publications, registration, certification, lunch and refreshments.
BUILDUK recognises this course as meeting the required standard for all supervisors working on BUILDUK sites.
Teaching and assessment
This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations. You will need to do some self-study outside the course.
- Continuous assessment. You need to attend all 2 days - see the Site Safety Plus attendance requirements.
- Multiple-choice test.
Qualifications you gain
- CITB renewable 5-year Site Safety Plus certificate.
You must renew this qualification every five years by attending the SSSTS refresher course. You need to do this before your certificate expires or you will need to re-take the full SSSTS course.
Mandatory entry requirements
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- You will need to provide a valid ID on the first day of the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence. See accepted list of ID.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
- Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages
This course can be booked by employers to train groups of workers. You can have between 6 and 16 people on a course.
We deliver the course at your work premises or at a venue you choose.
To book call your local NCC contact:
- Scotland, North West England, North East England,
and Yorkshire and Humber
|0300 456 7908
- London, the South East, South Central and South West England
|0300 456 7856
- East & West Midlands, East Anglia and Wales
|0300 456 7766
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements and booking terms and conditions for this course.