Abrasive Wheels: Disc Mounting tuition and practical skills training
Cost: Price on calling
Duration: 1 day
Location: Nationwide (in company only)
Dates: Call 0344 994 4433
Funding: See Grants and funding below
Mandatory entry requirements: See below
This one day training course is intended for everyone whose job involves using abrasive wheels and equipment.
The overall aim of the course is to provide theoretical and practical training for any person who may have to use or maintain or inspect abrasive wheels and equipment
The course is aimed at workers in the construction industry.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
At the end of the course delegates will have an understanding of:
- The safety legislation and the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations
- Common hazards and ways of avoiding them
- Safety precautions required when using equipment
- Unsafe practices while using the equipment (DVD)
- Safety equipment including gloves, goggles and hearing protection
Teaching and assessment
- Classroom sessions and tutorials.
Qualifications you get
- National Construction College certificate
Mandatory entry requirements
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please see our grant pages.