CDM for Clients
Cost, location & dates: From £175
Variable. See How to book below
Duration: 1 day
Funding: See Grants and funding below
Mandatory entry requirements: See below
This one-day course is suitable for all types of clients including commercial clients, who have a requirement for a construction project to be carried out in connection with a business, whether the business operates for profit or not.
You will learn about your contractor responsibilities under the Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations 2015.
This course can be booked by employers and take place at or near their place of work.Or alternatively, you may prefer to use our remote facilities for this course, which means you can take it in your own home or your place of work making sure you can meet the requirements. Call us on 0344 994 4433 to find out more.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see above) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
On completing the course you will have an understanding of:
- The legal position of the Client
- The roles of the Principal Contractor, Principal Designer, Contractors and Designers
- The requirements for assessment of knowledge, skills, experience and resources
- The requirement for provision of project information and documentation.
The course covers:
- CDM 2015 overview and application
- Duty holder responsibilities
- Preparation of the client brief
- Duty holder appointments
- Preparing pre-construction information
- Requirements for notification of projects
- Construction phase plan requirements
- Health and safety file requirements.
Teaching and assessment
- This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies and classroom discussion.
Qualifications you gain
- CITB National Construction College certificate.
This course can be booked by employers to train groups of workers, you can have between 6 and 16 people on a course.
We deliver the course at your work premises or at a venue you choose.
Contact one of our NCC Account Managers for more information or to book a course:
- Clare Hill - 07876130588
- George Gooderson - 07388854496
- Email - email@example.com
Mandatory entry requirements
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area
- You'll need a valid form of ID, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence. See accepted forms of ID.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.
Other CDM courses
If you have several dutyholder responsibilities, you should choose the most suitable course - you don't need to attend all of them.