Promoting Cultural and Behavioural Change
Cost, location & dates:
Variable. See How to book below
Duration: 2 days over two weeks
Funding: See Grants and funding below
This course is suitable for site supervisors, including foremen and site engineers who influence the way in which construction work is carried out.
You will learn how to promote positive attitudes and behaviour for everyone on site.
This course can be booked by employers and take place at or near their place of work. See How to book below.
The course covers:
- Recognising the role good supervision plays in developing a positive safety culture
- Identifying and challenging inappropriate behaviour and attitudes in the workplace
- Identifying the triggers for inappropriate behaviour
- Developing behavioural practices which enhance and support the existing safety culture
- Demonstrating the communication skills to deliver effective and meaningful daily task briefings and toolbox talks.
Teaching and assessment
- This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations.
Qualifications you gain
- CITB National Construction College certificate.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.
How to book
Group bookings only. For public courses please see "CDM 2015 for Duty Holders and Responsibilities"
This course is available for delivery in-house for a minimum of 6 and maximum 12 attendees.
We can deliver the course at your work premises or at a venue arranged by you.
To book call your local NCC contact:
South West England, North West England, Scotland and Wales
0300 456 7766
London, the South East and South Central England
0300 456 7856
Yorkshire and Humber, the Midlands, East and North East England
0300 456 7908