CPCS Appointed Persons: Lifting Operations A61
Cost: £1,250 no VAT charged
Duration: 5 days
Funding: See Grants and funding below
Mandatory entry requirements: See Mandatory entry requirements below
Course code: DCL11
This 5-day course is suitable for supervisors and managers with responsibility for lifting operations. This course will give you an understanding of the appointed person’s responsibilities and how to fulfil them.
On passing the technical tests, you gain the CPCS trained operator card (red card).
If you already hold the CPCS Code A40 Slinger/Signaller, you will also achieve the CPCS Code A62 Crane Supervisor qualification.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
- Observe regulations and Codes of Practice
- Follow safe systems of work including method statements
- Take personal responsibility
- Describe different types of cranes and associated terminology
- Understand crane documentation
- Understand crane stability, duty charts and safety devices
- Appreciate tower cranes
- Observe British Standard 7121 Safe Use of Cranes Guidlines sections 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- Recognise the role of appointed persons
- Plan a lift.
Teaching and assessment
- 4 days learning through a mix of classroom-based teaching and practical exercises
- 1 day assessment - CPCS technical tests.
Qualifications you get
- CPCS Trained Operator Card (red card) on passing the CPCS technical tests
- CITB National Construction College certificate.
Mandatory entry requirements
- CITB health, safety and environment test (managers and professionals level) passed no more than two years before the course start date
- You should have sufficient experience of cranes to meet the requirements specified in British standard 7121 Safe Use of Cranes
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see above) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
Need more information?
Call 0344 994 4433 for more information about this course.
After gaining experience on site, you must complete Appointed Persons NVQ/SVQ level 5 within 2 years to get the CPCS competent operator card (blue card).