CPCS Excavator 180° wheeled above and below 5 tonnes A12 and A10 (9 days)
Cost: £2,336 no VAT charged
Locations: Norfolk and Kent
Duration: 9 days
Funding: See Grants and funding below
Mandatory entry requirements: See Mandatory Entry Requirements below
Course code: DEW01
This nine-day course is for people with limited or no experience of using 180 degree wheeled excavators. You will learn to operate and maintain machines above and below 5 tonnes.
On passing the technical tests, we will apply for the CPCS trained operator card (red card) on your behalf.
If you already have experience, but need a formal qualification you should do our condensed 3-day course.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
- Operate the 180° wheeled excavator
- safely and productively
- Fit and operate ancillary equipment
- Site the machine safely and efficiently
- Carry out minor adjustments and routine servicing procedures
- Prepare the machine for travelling on the public highway
- Understand the capabilities, purposes and limitations of each machine
- Follow all necessary safety precautions
- Interpret the information provided by level pegs and profiles
- Be aware of the necessary routine adjustments and service procedures, and carry them out
- Work to levels with the aid of laser equipment.
Teaching and assessment
- 8 days training - classroom lessons and practical exercises
- 1 day assessment - CPCS technical tests.
Qualifications you gain
- CPCS trained operator card (red card) on passing the CPCS technical tests
- CITB National Construction College certificate.
Mandatory entry requirements
- CITB health, safety and environment test passed no more than 23 months before the course start date
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements and booking terms and conditions for this course.
Need more information?
Call 0344 994 4433 for more information about this course.