CPCS Slinger/Signaller A40 - for experienced operators (2 days)
Cost: £656 no VAT charged
Duration: 2 days
Locations: Derbyshire, Norfolk and Kent
Funding: See Grants and funding below
Course code: SSSD
This is a condensed course for people with experience of slinging and signalling, who need a formal qualification.
If you have limited or no experience, you should do our full 4-day course.
You gain the CPCS trained operator card (red card) on passing the CPCS technical test at the end.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
- Establish the weight and dimensions of loads and communicate this information to the crane operator
- Select appropriate lifting tackle and attach and detach it correctly and safely
- Use clear and unambiguous signals to direct the actions of a crane moving loads of various weights and dimensions
- Determine the serviceability of lifting accessories, and maintain and store them.
Teaching and assessment
- 1 day learning to refresh your skills - classroom-based tutorials and practical exercises
- 1 day assessment - CPCS technical tests.
Qualifications you get
- CPCS trained operator card (red card) on passing the CPCS technical tests
- CITB National Construction College certificate.
Mandatory entry requirements
- CITB Health, safety and environment test passed no more than two years before the course start date.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area
- Ability to name and explain the purpose and principle components of basic lifting accessories and carry out pre-use inspection
- Ability to undertake and sling various loads including unbalanced, balanced and loose
- Ability to deliver signals to the crane drive that conform to the agreed code and use different forms of communication i.e. radios and relay to give signals
- Good knowledge of recognised signals
- Ability to position and place loads accurately and identify weights and centres of gravity, whilst ensuring load security.
- You should revise the theory test questions before you start training as there is only a short amount of time for this on the course.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements and booking terms and conditions for this course.