CPCS Dump Truck: Articulated Chassis A56 (5 days)
Cost: £1,470 no VAT charged
Duration: 5 days
Locations: Norfolk and Kent
Funding: See Grants and funding below
Mandatory entry requirements: See Mandatory entry requirements below
Course code: DEW07
This course is for people with limited or no experience who want to learn to operate a dump truck with an articulated chassis.
On passing the technical tests, we will apply for the CPCS trained operator card (red card) on your behalf.
If you already have experience, but need a formal qualification you should do our condensed 2-day course.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
- Risks associated with quick hitch devices and how to use them safely.
- Operating the machine to a minimum standard
- Fitting and operating ancillary equipment
- Siting the machine safely and efficiently
- Carrying out minor adjustments and routine servicing procedures
- Preparing the machine for travelling on the public highway
- The capabilities of each machine, its purpose and limitations
- All safety precautions necessary for the correct operation of the machine
- How diesel engines work and how various parts of the machine operate
- Which routine adjustments and servicing procedures are necessary, and how to carry them out.
Teaching and assessment
- 4 days learning through a mix of classroom-based teaching and practical exercises
- 1 day assessment - CPCS technical tests.
Qualifications you get
- CPCS Trained Operator Card (red card) on passing the CPCS technical tests
- CITB National Construction College certificate.
Mandatory entry requirements
- CITB health, safety and environment test passed no more than two years before the course start date
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see above) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
Need more information?
Call 0344 994 4433 for more information about this course.