Safe Use of Quick Hitches
Cost: £130 no VAT charged
Duration: 1 day
Locations: Norfolk and Kent
Mandatory entry requirements: See Mandatory entry requirements below
Funding: See Grants and funding below
Course code: ECO1
This one day course is suitable if you have received no formal instruction or if you have experience in the use of quick hitches and wish to refresh or update your skills.
This course will give you an understanding of the various classifications of quick hitch devices, and best practice when using them.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
- Identify the risks associated with quick hitch devices
- Fit and operate ancillary equipment
- Describe the operator’s legal duties regarding the use of quick hitches
- Describe and apply safe working practices for the use of quick hitches
- Connect and disconnect attachments safely
- Know when and how to conduct visual inspections of the quick hitch equipment
- Maintain the quick hitch equipment
- Test connections appropriately
- Realise the importance of following the manufacturer’s specifications for use.
Teaching and assessment
- 1 day training delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practical instruction.
Mandatory entry requirements
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements and booking terms and conditions for this course.
Need more information?
Call 0344 994 4433 for more information about this course.