Details of CITB's current opportunities
Find out about CITB's live funded projects
Find out what projects CITB has funded in the past
On this page:
The Commissioning team procure and monitor projects that support areas where CITB, with industry and government bodies, have identified a need for investment.
Each year we work with the construction industry to understand the challenges it faces. This consultation and research help us determine where best we can support the industry and where investing resources will be of most benefit. Projects are commissioned on priority themes, based on industry need, CITB’s strategy and/or government policy.
Our funded projects are in line with CITB’s Strategic Plan to support the skills and needs of the British construction industry. We want our projects to benefit as many people as possible, so we look for opportunities that not only improve the situation of participants, but also help other industry employers and the construction industry as a whole.
We want to develop projects that help the construction industry to:
- Make construction an attractive career prospect
- Ensure training and development meets employers’ needs
- Use innovation to respond to new challenges in construction
Our CITB Commissioning Policy (PDF, 690KB) provides a full overview of how the commissioning team work to allocate funds in an open, fair and transparent manner.
01/04/2022 - 30/06/2022
- Funding of 2 new Onsite Experience Hubs - TVB and London
- Project to improve retention of new starters in England (ECO)
- Project to improve retention of new starters in Scotland (SACO)
- Project to provide virtual taster sessions on construction sites
- Project to increase number of scaffolding instructors
01/07/2022 - 30/09/2022
- 2 projects to increase the number of cladding operatives and supervisors
- Project to create 4 bricklaying finishing schools
- Project to increase the number of people in Leadership & Management roles within construction
01/10/2022 - 31/12/2022
- Project to build on current fairness, inclusion & respect project
- Project to increase new entrants in to Drylining
- Project to increase Drylining course availability
- Project to increase Cladding training provision
01/01/2023 - 31/03/2023
- Project to increase the number of retrofit installers in domestic properties
- Project to create work experience opportunities for bricklayers through home builders
- Project to increase number of plant operatives