CITB is the Industry Training Board for the construction industry and a partner in ConstructionSkills, the Sector Skills Council.
CITB is the industry training board for the construction sector in England, Scotland and Wales.
It’s our job to help the construction industry attract talent and to support skills development, to build a better Britain.
We are an executive non-departmental public body in charge of our budget and activities. Sponsored by the Department for Education, we are also accountable to government ministers, and ultimately Parliament.
What we aim to do
To support British construction:
- We target our knowledge and resources to develop a world-class workforce for the challenges of today and tomorrow.
- We look to get the best new talent by promoting construction for its exciting and rewarding career opportunities.
- We work with industry to ensure training standards and qualifications are right for its needs.
- We strive to provide employers with the training they want for their people when they want it.
- We look to make it easy for levy-paying firms to get funding for innovation and skills development.
- And we will continue to talk and listen to industry, to research and survey, to question and analyse so that we can stay ahead of change and respond to the sector’s evolving needs.
Our key partners
We work with many organisations across government and industry, but our key strategic partners are the Construction Industry Council (CIC) and CITB Northern Ireland (CITB NI). Together, we comprise the Sector Skills Council for Construction (SSCC), also known as ConstructionSkills.
The SSCC represents every part of the construction industry in every part of the UK.
Working together, we draw on our individual areas of expertise to broaden our combined outlook. This helps us understand emerging trends, seize opportunities at a national level, and fulfil our mission and plans .