Creating high quality on and off-site training courses for Bricklayers based on new standards
Training and development
Productivity and new ways of working, Sectors and roles, New qualifications and courses
The Association of Brickwork Contractors
Infrastructure, Specialist, Housing, Commercial
Creating high quality on and off-site training courses for Bricklayers, through the launch of 16 ATO delivered short duration training courses, provided by the ABC Assessment Centre.
The training courses will be written directly by bricklaying employers to target bricklayers on a nationwide scale. The areas of skill covered by the training courses have been determined by employers because of their relevancy to Modern Methods of Construction and to address the lack of skills seen from bricklayers and trainees on their sites.
- 16 specialist elearning modules will be developed The modules will be tested and piloted with at least 250 existing learners with up to 420 interventions
- The modules will also be piloted and tested with 250 students on full-time bricklaying Diploma courses within FE, with up to 420 interventions
- 9 specialist trainers will be recruited and they will engage with and educate FE tutors
- 25 FE colleges will be engaged and encouraged to include this training within their curriculum
- 23 employers (ABC members and Levy Registered employers) will be engaged, to support the training of employees through the programme.
01 Dec 2020
01 Sep 2023