What we look for in employees
At CITB we are always looking for talented and motivated people to join us. Our colleagues come from a range of professional backgrounds, and work in locations across England, Scotland and Wales.
Construction is a fast-changing sector constantly presenting new and interesting challenges. Continuing to attract people with fresh ideas and new skills to complement those that we already have and responding to industry changes is key to our success.
We have a range of roles, some of which are office based, and others which are mobile. Our mobile workers have no set office base and spend the majority of their time working with our clients and stakeholders at their own locations.
If you are interested in working with us, please check out our current vacancies.
Our Competency Framework identifies the key behaviours we need in order to achieve high performance.
- Fairness, Inclusion and Respect (FIR) - Contributes actively to a working environment that recognises, responds to and values the contribution of every individual.
- Works collaboratively - Work with others across the business in a positive manner, sharing knowledge, good practice and experience.
- Drives for results - Developing the dedication, motivation and personal commitment to achieve results which make a real difference to the business.
- Working with courage and integrity - Acts in a principled, open and conscientious way, consistent with our values, challenges unacceptable behaviour and poor performance, keeps promises.
- Building capability - Developing one’s own abilities and helping others to develop theirs in order to improve our service to customers.
- Innovation, change and agility - Positively welcomes opportunities for change and continually identifies opportunities to improve performance.
- Communicating with impact - Uses appropriate, clear and effective communications to achieve results, support and commitment.
- Customer focus - The commitment to putting customers first, understanding their needs and delivering a consistently high standard of service which exceeds expectations.
- Lead by example - A constant source of energy, support and encouragement. A visible role model for CITB’s behaviours.
- Effective decision-making - Analyses relevant information – seeing guidance when appropriate, explores options, makes timely decisions and stands by them.
Download the full CITB competency framework (PDF, 389 KB)