What's happening in your area
There are currently no local employer events for this area. Details of forthcoming events will be published as soon as they become available.
CITB Employer Roadshows
Following increased concerns over the COVID-19 virus and for safety precautions, regrettably, we have decided to cancel the upcoming Employer Roadshows. We understand this will be disappointing news but the health and safety of our delegates is of the utmost importance.
Further details about an online alternative will be issued in due course.
Support to grow your business
Sheffield City Region Growth Hub
The Growth Hub provides a single and consistent offer for businesses across the Sheffield City Region, ensuring excellent business support provision and encompassing the best of what the region offers from support agencies as well as the public and private sectors. It offers support in finance, international trade, innovation, new business support, skills and training and business growth.
Tel: 03330 00 00 39
Hours: 9am to 5pm Monday- Friday
Financial support and services to help you train staff
Provides employers across Sheffield City Region with access to high-quality training and funding to support the skills training that will enable them to develop their business. Funding for your existing workforce (employees aged 19+), for SME businesses located within Sheffield City region. Skills Bank:
- Supports businesses with a clear growth plan by co-investing in the development of their workforce
- Works closely with the businesses to find training solutions that meet both immediate and emerging skills needs
- Develops the skills base, labour mobility and educational performance in line with the SCR objectives so that the business can flourish and grow
- Gives employers the power to purchase skills training with support from specialist skills advisers.
For more information please speak to a Growth Hub Gateway Adviser:
Tel: 03330 00 00 39
Hours: 9am to 5pm Monday-Friday
The Growth Company – Skills Support for the Workforce
The Skills Support for the Workforce (SSW) programme provides fully funded workplace training to SMEs to meet individual, employer and regional economic needs. The training includes tailored and vocationally relevant qualifications that are responsive to the needs identified in the Training Needs Analysis. Training provided is aimed to enhance employees' skills, increase the competitiveness of business and boost the local economy. This funding is available to SME businesses located within Sheffield City Region and can cover the costs of CSCS cards and NVQs plus more.
Business Advisor: Anthony Vale
Tel: 07407 460 987
Regional funded programs to help you find suitable candidates for new entrant job vacancies and apprenticeships:
Construction Skills Fund – Building Block (access to local talent)
Funded by the DfE, 'Building Block' provides opportunities for local people to train to become site ready for the construction sector. The four week program offers:
- Two weeks intense training from a selection of disciplines including Bricklaying, Plastering, Roofing, Painting and Decorating, Plant Training, etc and also includes Health and Safety training with CSCS test and card
- This is followed by two weeks on-site experience with Engie, Keepmoat and/or Miller Homes.
At the end of the four weeks, suitable candidates are recommended to employers for employment and apprenticeship opportunities with work trials available. Grant funding is available for additional training via CITB and also SkillsBank and SSW.
Please speak with John Whittaker (Senior Project Officer) for more information
Tel: 0114 273 5769
Apprenticeship providers in the region
Sheffield College, Sheffield
Contact: Paul Edwards
Tel: 07825 280 606
RNN Group, Rotherham & Dearne Valley College
Contact: Emma Kennedy
Tel: 01709 513147
Contact: Anna Collins
Tel: 01302 558102
Contact: Joe Jones
Tel:01226 216 123
Sheffield City Council – Construction Design Centre
Tel: 0114 2735769
Regional Apprenticeship provision for: Bricklaying, Brickwork, Site Joinery, Bench Joinery, Plastering, Construction operations, Construction and the Built Environment, Plumbing, Painting and Decorating, Multi-trade, Highways, Property maintenance, Construction Contracting operations, Roofing.
Training projects funded by CITB
Pathways into Construction - Doncaster College (access to local talent)
Provides opportunities for local people to train to become site-ready for the construction sector. The four-stage program includes the following;
- Stage 1: Two weeks of basic tool skills in Painting and Joinery, soft skills and interview prep
- Stage 2: Six weeks of Joinery and Brick laying skills. CSCS card, Soft skills, site visit, interviews
- Stage 3/4: Site visits, work placements, digital job skills and further programme of study.
If you are an employer looking to grow your workforce, this project may be able to offer you suitable candidates to select from.
Contact: Steven Palmer
Please see the CITB funded projects page.
Your local CITB adviser
Your local CITB apprenticeship officers
Sheffield - Nicky Wingrove
Doncaster - Sally Muscroft