CITB is committed to the prevention of injury and ill health and to helpful and targeted support where issues do arise. and to protect the Environment including prevention of pollution relevant to the context of the organisation.
CITB will comply with all applicable legislation and other requirements as related to health and safety and the environment.
CITB is committed to the continuous improvement of its health, safety and environmental management system.
The management of health, safety, wellbeing and the environment is integral to, and equal with, any other business function. This enables our organisation to meet its objective of managing and conducting its work activities in such a way as to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety, and wellbeing at work of all its employees and others who may be affected by its business activities.
CITB is committed to the continual improvement of its business in terms of health, safety, wellbeing and the environment. It will meet the requirements of all applicable legislation, relevant standards, regulations and customer requirements.
The objectives, within three themes, are:
Health and safety
- No harm or ill health to CITB employees, learners and visitors on our sites and no harm or ill health to our mobile workers.
- Provision of a safe and healthy working environment that creates an excellent health and safety culture and promotes the reporting of all incidents and near misses.
- An improved organisational understanding of health and wellbeing issues including mental health.
- An improvement in staff retention and absence rates through a programme of activities and interventions to support all colleagues, with a focus on personal and work-related health and wellbeing.
- Production of environmental sustainability plan.
- Improve environmental data recording for waste produced and energy use so to formulate how we can reduce our waste output and energy use.
The detailed arrangements for achieving the strategy are set out in the body of the operational health, safety, wellbeing and environment policy. All employees will be made aware of this statement and have access to the full health and safety policy.
CITB is committed to upholding and continuously improving the standards outlined in this statement, and to meeting or exceeding legislative requirements and associated codes of practice. Sufficient authority and resources, both financial and otherwise, will be made available to enable employees to carry out their responsibilities in a reasonable and efficient manner.
All colleagues share a responsibility to co-operate with management, and in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, to ensure their own safety and the safety of those affected by their activities. This includes not intentionally or recklessly interfering with or misusing anything provided for their health or safety.
CITB will review and/or revise the health and safety policy and statement annually or at times of significant change.
Chief Executive Officer, CITB