The Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Trowel Occupations qualification has been developed for delivery in a working environment; this means you need to be employed to study this qualification. It has been designed to develop and recognise your skills, knowledge and competence so that you can work in Trowel Occupations within the construction industry or progress onto further learning.
This qualification supports the Learner to attain enabling, fundamental and transferable practical skills with associated underpinning knowledge. Although part of an apprenticeship, this qualification is available outside of an apprenticeship where either the learner’s circumstances prevent them undertaking a full apprenticeship or where their prior skills and knowledge mean they do not require all components of the apprenticeship. In addition, industry will accept the qualification on its own as entry to a job role.
The learner will learn key practical skills and knowledge in these mandatory units
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
- Moving, Handling and Storing Resources in the Workplace
- Erecting Masonry Structures in the Workplace
- Setting Out Masonry Structures in the Workplace
The learner will also learn key practical skills and knowledge in one of the following:
- Erecting Masonry Cladding in the workplace
- Erecting thin joint masonry structures in the workplace
- Placing and Finishing Non-Specialist Concrete in the Workplace
- Maintaining Slate and Tile Roofing in the Workplace
- Repairing and Maintaining Masonry Structures in the Workplace
- Installing Drainage in the Workplace
- Producing Internal Solid Plastering Finishes in the Workplace
- Producing External Solid Render Finishes in the Workplace
Within this occupational area we offer other qualifications with a similar name:
- Level 1 NVQ Diploma in Trowel Occupations
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Trowel Occupations
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Heritage Skills - Brick Worker
This NVQ qualification requests the learner to demonstrate, in a real workplace environment, that you are competent against a set of performance statements. You are assessed by an occupationally competent and qualified assessor whose job is to work with you and help you through your programme of learning.
- Entry Level 3 Award in Bricklaying
- Level 1 Award in Bricklaying
- Level 1 Certificate in Bricklaying
- Level 1 Diploma in Bricklaying
- Level 3 Diploma in Bricklaying
This qualification and the units which form it have been designed to sit within the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) which is regulated by Ofqual. The QCF is a framework designed to support a demand-led approach to skills based on the building up and transfer of credit awarded for learning in a flexible, responsive and inclusive manner.
This qualification is supported by federation ABC. For more information about ABC please refer to the supporting document within the toolbox below.