What are commissions?
Commissions support areas where CITB has identified a need for investment.
Each year we work with the construction industry to understand the challenges it faces. This consultation and research help us determine where best we can support the sector and where investing resources will be of most benefit. Projects are commissioned on priority themes, based on industry need, CITB’s strategy and/or government policy.
What do commissions support?
We want our commissions to benefit as many people as possible. So we look for projects that not only improve the situation of participants, but also help other industry employers, and the construction industry as a whole.
We want to support projects that help the construction industry:
- make construction an attractive career prospect
- ensure training and development meets employers’ needs
- use innovation to respond to new challenges in construction.
See how commissioned projects have helped the construction sector.
How to apply
- You'll find details of which commissions are open for applications under the Current opportunities page. Look for a commission which suits what you can offer.
- Opportunities are also advertised on the Government website's contracts finder. Occasionally CITB may advertise specific opportunities in specialist trade press to encourage participation.
- Guidance and advice on how to complete a submission will be contained within the advertisement or direct from the CITB commissioning team.
If you wish to contact the CITB commissioning team direct, please contact the Head of Commissioning Roger Miller at email@example.com