BCTG Supervisor Development Programme
Productivity and new ways of working, Learning resources, Small employer support, Leadership and management, New qualifications and courses
Building Contractors Training Group
BCTG membership; City of Glasgow College; Glasgow Caledonian University; Learn Direct and Build
Commercial, Housing, Infrastructure, Specialist
The project will address the technical skills gaps identified by BCTG members and the wider construction industry through the introduction of a co-designed and co-delivered online learning platform.
- 20 accredited blended eLearning modules targeting industry technical skills gaps in Scotland
- Develop a Virtual Learning Environment platform to host and monitor eLearning modules.
01 Aug 2017
29 Jun 2019
End of project summary
The project has fomally finished but the work is ongoing.
- 20 short e-learning modules were devised focusing on three key areas: construction-based skills, soft skills and digital skills have been devised.
- An online learning platform with content accredited by City of Glasgow College and Glasgow Caledonian University is being developed in partnership between supervisors working within BCTG membership companies and academics from each of the educational institutes.
- Each course takes approximately 90 minutes to complete with a short assessment section, giving users the chance to attain accreditation with a digital ‘badge’. The short modules aim to provide a taster session into the subject, with resources and links to additional training for those who are interested in progressing further.
- The project trialled and tested all the content which will soon move to a live platform where the e-learning modules are readily available and free to access via mobile, tablet and laptop. BCTG are also in the process of developing the content as an e-book, allowing offline access.