Development and delivery of a pathway into construction industry framework for Service Leavers and full-time learners (Pathways into Construction)
Careers and recruitment
Leeds Beckett University
YORHub; Construction Excellence [Yorkshire and Humber]
Yorkshire and Humber
This project will seek to design and develop a program of activities that would enable a suitable transition into the construction industry for the target group (Service leavers and Full-time Learners).
The program will involve training, placement, mentoring and support for the target groups to successful transition into employment into the construction industry. One of the unique features of this project will be the development of online resources that will be freely available to construction industry companies designed to equip companies to attract and retain employees from the target group.
The online resources will also be available to FE and other training organisations to help them deliver suitable soft-skills content to their students. The project will provide a template that will make it easier for construction industry companies to directly employ the target group and support them without the involvement of third parties. As such, one of the key project deliverables will be the development of online resources to be freely available on a dedicated website.
- 210 beneficiaries to have been engaged and start training
- 90 per cent participants to complete training (189)
- 140 participants to complete work experience
- 90 per cent (189) of the participants to have either found employment; or actively looking for construction industry employment; or found opportunities for further training; or actively seeking opportunities for further training (119 to have moved into employment)
- Online resources, including competency model - to support employers in recruiting the beneficiary groups - also available to FE (links from CITB website to resources)
- Skills Gap Analytic Toolkit - identifying typical skills of beneficiary groups (PDF)
- Upskilling modules for service leavers and full time learners (links from CITB website to modules)
- Final Project Report
02 Sep 2019
30 Sep 2022