Essential industry image, competencies and training
Training and development
Sectors and roles, Small employer support, Careers and recruitment
Roofing Industry Alliance
The National Federation of Roofing Contractors (NFRC); Lead Sheet Association (LSA); Single Ply Roofing Association (SPRA); Liquid Roofing Waterproofing Association (LRWA); The Federation of Traditional Metal Roofing Contractors (FTMRC); Lead Contractor Association (LCA); Mastic Asphalt Contractors (MAC); Metal Contractors and Roofing Manufacturers Association (MCRMA); The Confederation of Roofing Contractors (CoRC) and The Institute of Roofing (IoR)
The project will deliver against top priority areas. These top priority areas are:
- Reducing skills shortage of fully competent and qualified roofers who hold a relevant CSCS card
- Reducing skills shortage of fully qualified competent roofing managers who hold a relevant CSCS card
- Increase the profile of the roofing industry as a preferred career choice amongst school leavers
- Create apprenticeship places
- Create training incentives and corporate incentives/achievements.
- Deliver 150 L2 NVQs to employees in roofing sector
- 30 L3-6 NVQs
- Delivery of ‘Repair and Maintenance of pre-1930 Buildings’ to 80 individuals employed in roofing sector
- Deliver ‘introductory roofing’ module to 20 individuals who wish to follow a career in roofing
01 Mar 2016
28 Feb 2017
The project finished in December 2017. 40 SME companies accessed training for 201 people and awareness of roofing as a career was raised by visits to 35 secondary schools.
A research report was produced which concluded that face-to-face engagement is key to sharing information and guidance and both CITB and trade organisations need to do more to provide such direct support.