One of the tasks that a CITB Approved Training Organisation (ATO) has is to add a learner's achievement to their training record when they have completed the training or a course.
When an CITB ATO adds a learner's achievement, this triggers the process for the automated grant payment to the employer. It is very important for an ATO to do this within 10 days after a learner has completed the course.
How to add an achievement in the Construction Training Register
- Before you log into the system, you need to have the following pieces of information:
- the learner's name
- the learner's unique ID (which could include the Unique Learner Number (ULN), National Insurance (NI), or Individual ID/Registration number)
- the employer's registration number, and
- the title of the course that the learner has just completed.
- Sign into the CITB online services portal. You will need the email address you used when you first set up your ATO account and your password.
- Once you have logged in, you need to select whether you're ading an individual achievement or bulk achievements.
- To add an individual achievement, you first need to search for the learner's record.
Once you have found that record, choose Submit Individual Achievement and fill in the required fields.
- To add bulk achievements, make sure that you have read the guidance notes which are linked in the on-screen instructions before you do any bulk upload.
Please use the CSV file template that is provided on the portal to make a bulk upload of achievements - no other file formats will be accepted.
- You have 2 days from adding the achievement to make any final changes, before it is submitted for grant payment. You can find these by clicking on the View Achievements tab.
- Watch the video below for a step by step guide on how to use the system to add individual or bulk achievements.