Accessing operations and rigging
This suite contains the national occupational standards (NOS) related to:
- Lightning Protection Engineer
- Lightning Protective Systems Inspection and Testing
- Rigging – Temporary Suspended Access Equipment
- Rigging – Permanent Suspended Access Equipment
- Safety Net Rigging
- Fall Protection Systems
- Offshore Scaffolding
There are no current or planned reviews in this area. To give feedback or suggest a change, contact the standards team.
CITB manages the structures for vocational qualifications. We base the content for these structures on the relevant National Occupational Standards.
The structures are approved by employers and industry stakeholders. Training organisations base their courses on the structures.
See the current recommended qualification structure and national vocational qualification structure for this occupational area.
Recommended qualification structures
- Recommended qualification structure for Accessing operations and rigging Level 2 (PDF, 176KB)
- Recommended qualification structure for Accessing operations and rigging Level 3 (PDF, 165KB)
Structures for NVQs
You may also be interested in...
- Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA)
National accreditation and awarding body in Scotland for qualifications specifically for Scotland
- Qualifications Wales
Regulator of non-degree qualifications and the qualifications system in Wales
- CITB Northern Ireland (CITBNI)
Industry training board for Northern Ireland in partnership with CITB as the Sector Skills Council for Construction for qualifying the construction workforce activities in Northern Ireland
- The ‘Register ’ of regulated qualifications in England and Northern Ireland for accredited qualifications.