Our guide to Go Construct
What is Go Construct?
Go Construct is a platform that provides resources for anyone looking for a career in the construction and built environment sector. It’s an industry initiative, supported by the CITB Levy and funded by construction employers.
Across Go Construct, social media feeds and industry events, Go Construct showcases the many rewarding opportunities available in our exciting, growing industry and helps people from all backgrounds to enter and make an impact on the UK’s housing, industry and infrastructure.
Who is Go Construct for?
Go Construct supports:
Whether they’ve already chosen to enter the construction industry or are still deciding if it’s the right fit, Go Construct provides advice on finding fulfilling, engaging roles that are right for each person’s capabilities and interests.
Go Construct’s resources can be used to inform and guide decisions by individuals, and to equip parents, careers advisors, educators and Go Construct STEM Ambassadors with valuable, easy-to-share guidance.
How can employers benefit from Go Construct?
We’re always looking for employers to get involved and help us share real-life stories, advice, and snapshots of industry life through Go Construct.
By helping us to share inspiring stories you’ll have a chance to:
The content we share on Go Construct’s platforms demonstrates that, as an industry:
- We are building a diverse workforce
- We offer a positive workplace culture
- We work together and thrive when everyone does their best
- We're evolving to meet future needs
- We're pioneering new technology and practices
- We're addressing the challenges our world faces
- We support a huge breadth of roles across our sector
- We develop a varied range of knowledge, crafts and skillsets
- We offer countless ways to progress careers
- We embrace flexible ways of working
- We offer opportunities to achieve work/life balance
- We don't just stick to the usual 9 to 5
- We invest in people at every stage of their training and career progression
- We celebrate the highly skilled individuals who drive our success
- We build our industry on the success of our people
We’ve created a series of employer toolkits to show how easy it is for you to help us improve people’s understanding of what it’s like to work in construction. Each toolkit offers examples of content we’re looking for, ways to share it with us, plus help and resources.