Grant code: A19
You can claim this grant for your employees’ work experience that is part of a degree in a subject related to construction. The work experience must be carried out between 1 August 2017 and 31 March 2018.
Who can claim
Employers registered with CITB who submitted an accurate Levy Return by 31 December 2017.
The grant supports work experience for your:
- employees paid through PAYE
The grant is not available to support
How much you can get
You can claim a maximum of £7,200 for 48 weeks (240 days) per person in a lifetime.
If you pay the levy and meet certain deadlines, you can claim an extra 10% with the supplementary payment.
What the grant supports
This grant supports planned work experience for students. The training must:
- last for at least four consecutive weeks
- form an integral part of a degree or other approved professional course. The course must be in a subject related to construction.
The grant also funds work experience that takes place temporarily overseas or with another firm to broaden the student’s understanding. In this case, the main employer will continue to receive the grant.
However, the grant is not payable for any period when the student is:
- attending other grant aided training
- on holiday
- on the college/university part of the course
- on sick leave
This grant is not available as an alternative Technical and Professional attendance grant.
How to claim
The deadline for submitting a claim is 30 June 2018.
- For work experience taking place between 1 August 2017 and 31 March 2018, download and complete a single grant claim form as a PDF (171KB) or a multiple grant claim form in Excel
- Submit this to email@example.com CITB Levy and Grant Customer Operations by 30 June 2018, or you claim will be rejected.
You’ll also need to make a training programme for each student. You don’t need to send this with your claim, but we do need it for verification purposes. You may use your own format for the programme but the content must show what was covered in the programme, where and when it took place and with whom.
Have you sent us your bank details?
Do we have your bank details so that we can pay out on your grant claim?
Grants are only paid by bank transfer. If we do not hold your current bank details, please download and complete the Bacs Direct Credit Authorisation Form (PDF, 43KB) and return to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive grant payments.
Terms and conditions
The Grant Scheme terms and conditions answer more questions about who can or can’t claim, and how our grants scheme works.
Before you apply, make sure you've read and understood the terms and conditions.
Have you signed up to CITB Grants Online?
By signing up to CITB online you can:
- see your grant statement
- request a grant report
- authorise grant claims
Already have an account? You can log in now.