Specialist Applied-skills Programme (SAP) grant
We pay grant for learners on the Specialist Applied-skills Programme (SAPs). These programmes last 18 months and contain several related modules, leading to a Level 2 or 3 National or Scottish Vocational Qualification (NVQ or SVQ).
On this page:
We pay grants for:
- the achievement of each training module with an approved SAP, corresponding to approved short duration course achievements
- the achievement of the NVQ or SVQ at the end of the programme, corresponding to short-period qualifications.
We also contribute to course costs, which we pay directly to approved training providers through a separate commissioning process. Find details about approved SAPs.
You can apply if you’re registered with us and meet our general Grants Scheme terms and conditions and the specific requirements for this grant. You should also have an agreement in place with the training provider before the course start date.
This grant is available for all directly employed full-time staff on the payroll who fulfil the funding eligibility requirements of the CITB’s National Specialist Accredited Centre (NSAC).
How much is it?
The grant package is made up of 3 parts:
- £30, £70 or £120 for each grant-approved training module achieved, depending on its short duration course tier rate
- £600 for the completion of the NVQ or SVQ
- a contribution of up to £4,000 per learner to cover course costs, paid directly by CITB to the approved training providers.
How to apply
To check grant eligibility and to register your learner on a SAP, call NSAC on 0300 456 5561.
To apply for the Vocational Qualification achievement at the end of the programme, see the current method for applying for short-period qualification grants.
Grants are paid by bank transfer. If we do not hold your current bank details, please complete and submit the secure online Bacs Direct Credit Authorisation Form to receive grant payments