How to register your business
After reading the lists of construction and non-construction activities, if you believe your business is an employer that is wholly or mainly engaged in construction industry activities, please complete our online Registration Enquiry Form.
We aim to respond to your registration enquiry within two weeks. This may include requesting further information to assess your eligibility for registration.
How to claim grants after you have registered
Once your business is registered with CITB, you need to send an annual Levy Return even if your payments are under the small firms threshold. All employers in the construction industry must complete an annual Levy Return under the Industrial Training Act 1982, so that we can assess how much levy you will have to pay, if any.
It can sometimes take over a year from the date you register to when you can start to claim grants.
If you registered before 1 April 2017, you can claim grants for:
- apprenticeships that started on 1 August 2015 or later
- other types of training that started on 1 August 2017 or later.
If you registered on or after 1 April 2017, you can claim grants for:
- apprenticeships that started on 1 August 2016 or later
- other types of training starting on 1 April 2018 or later.
Help with registering
- Ask us a question using the live chat box at the bottom of your screen
- Contact our levy team at email@example.com or phone 0344 99 444 55.