How to register your business
Please read the following information before completing the Employer Registration Form
Carefully review the lists of construction and non-construction activities below. If you believe your business is an employer that is wholly or mainly engaged in construction industry activities, please complete our online Employer Registration Form.
We aim to respond to your registration enquiry within two weeks. This may include requesting further information to assess your eligibility for registration.
How to claim grants after you have registered
Once your business is registered with CITB, you need to send an annual Levy Return even if your payments are under the small firms threshold. All employers in the construction industry must complete an annual Levy Return under the Industrial Training Act 1982, so that we can assess how much levy you will have to pay, if any.
If you registered for the first time between 1 April 2017 and 31 March 2018:
- you can only claim grants for new entrant trainees and apprentices from 1 August 2016
- you can claim all other grants from 1 April 2018.
If you registered for the first time between 1 April 2018 and 31 March 2019:
- you can backdate claims for apprenticeships and higher apprenticeships for one year from the registration date or to the start of the apprenticeship, whichever is shorter
- you can also claim for all other grants from the registration date until we issue the 2019 Levy Return for completion, when normal rules apply.
Help with registering
- Ask us a question using the live chat box at the bottom of your screen
- Contact our levy team at email@example.com or phone 0344 99 444 55.