The course includes practical training in the following:
- Interpreting information
- Estimating resources
- Basic building methods
- Building elements.
Teaching and assessment
Qualifications you gain
Level 2 Construction Diploma in Scaffolding
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Accessing and Rigging Occupations: Scaffolding
- The Construction Industry Scaffolders’ Record Scheme (CISRS) Scaffolders’ Registration Card
- Level 1 Functional Skills
- Employment Responsibilities and Rights
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- You may also gain value-added qualifications in first aid and health and safety, along with other industry-specific subjects
No formal requirements, but it’s useful to have GCSE grades A*-C in English, maths.
To help us assess your suitability for the course, you'll need to:
- complete a skills learning exercise and possibly attend the college for further tests.
A head for heights
Enjoy working outdoors in all weathers
You will be paid while you learn.
The following CITB grants are available for employers to fund their apprentices on this course:
If you applied for your aprenticeship through the Skills Funding Agency, only applicants aged between 16 and18 who have not been placed on a training scheme before are guaranteed full funding.
How to apply
Call 0300 456 5037 for course dates and how to apply.
After this course
You can be assessed for higher NVQs at the National Construction College. We provide details to all trainees.